§ 3490.95. Release of information to required reporters.
The release of information by the county agency to required reporters under § 3490.91(a)(15) (relating to persons to whom child abuse information shall be made available) is subject to the following:
(1) The information released by the county agency shall concern the same child who was the subject of the report made by the required reporter.
(2) The required reporter shall request the information, either verbally or in writing.
(3) Before releasing the allowable information, the county agency shall verify the identity of the required reporter in one of the following ways:
(i) The county agency shall be able to recognize the voice of the required reporter when the request is made verbally by telephone.
(ii) If the county agency is not familiar with the required reporter and does not recognize the reporters voice the county agency may verify the request of the required reporter by returning the telephone call to the reporters place of employment.
(iii) If the county agency is unable to verify a telephone request for information from a required reporter under subparagraphs (i) and (ii), the county agency shall obtain a written request for information from the required reporter.
(4) The county agency shall release the information under § 3490.91(a)(15) when requested by a required reporter.
(5) The county agency may release the information under § 3490.91(a)(15), either verbally or in writing, to the required reporter whether or not a request for information was received.
(6) The county agency shall inform the required reporter of the reporters obligation to protect the confidentiality of information released as required under sections 6339 and 6340 of the CPSL (relating to confidentiality of reports; and release of information in confidential reports).
(7) The county agency shall make an entry of the request made by the required reporter and the response given in the case record.
The provisions of this § 3490.95 adopted April 27, 1990, effective April 28, 1990 and apply retroactively to January 5, 1988, 20 Pa.B. 2286; amended July 2, 1999, effective July 3, 1999, 29 Pa.B. 3513. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (229423).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3800.20 (relating to confidentiality of records).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.