§ 6100.44. Innovation project.
(a) A provider may submit a proposal to the Department to demonstrate an innovation project on a temporary basis.
(b) The innovation project proposal must include the following:
(1) A comprehensive description of how the innovation encourages best practice and promotes the mission, vision and values of person-centered practices, integration, independence, choice and community opportunities for individuals.
(2) A discussion of alternate health and safety protections, if applicable.
(3) The number of individuals included in the innovation project.
(4) The geographic location of the innovation project.
(5) The proposed beginning and end date for the innovation project.
(6) The name, title and qualifications of the manager who will oversee and monitor the innovation project.
(7) A description of who will advise the innovation project, how individuals will be involved in evaluating the success of the innovation project and the community partners who will be involved in implementing the innovation project.
(8) A request for a waiver form as specified in § 6100.43 (relating to regulatory waiver), if applicable.
(9) Proposed changes to services.
(10) A detailed budget for the innovation project.
(c) The Deputy Secretary for the Office of Developmental Programs of the Department will review a proposal for an innovation project in accordance with the following criteria:
(1) The effect on an individuals health, safety and well-being.
(2) The benefit from the innovation project to an individual or group of individuals by providing increased person-centered practices, integration, independence, choice and community opportunities for individuals.
(3) The soundness and viability of the proposed budget.
(4) Additional criteria the Department deems relevant to its review, funding or oversight of the specific innovation project proposal.
(d) The Department may expand, renew or continue an innovation project, or a portion of the project, at its discretion.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 6100.43 (relating to regulatory waiver); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.801 (relating to agency with choice); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.804 (relating to base-funding); and 55 Pa. Code § 6100.805 (relating to vendor goods and services).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.