§ 6201.14. Aftercare services.
(a) Aftercare services shall be available to prevent unnecessary and prolonged institutionalization and to facilitate the return of persons to their homes or communities. These services shall be designed to enable persons with an intellectual disability to achieve their maximum potential for self-care, self-support, self-sufficiency and social competence.
(b) Aftercare services shall include the following:
(1) Evaluation of persons currently in residential placement.
(2) Preparation of individual life-management plans for persons in placement, to include a definition of the special purpose served by the placement as part of the life-management plan of each individual.
(3) Establishment of an individually appropriate and realistic social development goal to be accomplished by each placement.
(4) Regular liaison with the facility to ensure that time spent in residence is limited to the time required to accomplish the established goal, and that service provided by the facility is consistently more suitable than the person might receive in the community.
(5) Prerelease counseling services to resident and family, referral with follow-through to appropriate community resources for post-release services and follow-along responsibility for post-release life management.
(6) Provision of short-term inpatient, emergency, out-patient, partial hospitalization and rehabilitation and training services, as indicated by individual life-management plans.
(7) Nursing home care for older individuals primarily in need of medically supervised nursing services.
(8) Supervised sheltered personal care living arrangementsgroups or singlyfor those whose primary need is not medical.
(9) Foster home care, individual and group living.
The provisions of this § 6201.14 amended under sections 201(2) and (8) and 202 of the Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Act of 1966 (50 P.S. § § 4201(2) and (8) and 4202).
The provisions of this § 6201.14 amended June 17, 2016, effective June 18, 2016, 46 Pa.B. 3177. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (213303).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.