§ 6400.52. Annual training.
(a) The following shall complete 24 hours of training related to job skills and knowledge each year:
(1) Direct service workers.
(2) Direct supervisors of direct service workers.
(3) Program specialists.
(b) The following shall complete 12 hours of training each year:
(1) Management, program, administrative and fiscal staff persons.
(2) Dietary, housekeeping, maintenance and ancillary staff persons, except for persons who provide dietary, housekeeping, maintenance or ancillary services and who are employed or contracted by the building owner and the licensed facility does not own the building.
(3) Consultants and contractors who are paid or contracted by the home and who work alone with individuals, except for consultants and contractors who provide a service for fewer than 30 days within a 12-month period and who are licensed, certified or registered by the Department of State in a health care or social service field.
(4) Volunteers who work alone with individuals.
(5) Paid and unpaid interns who work alone with individuals.
(c) The annual training hours specified in subsections (a) and (b) must encompass the following areas:
(1) The application of person-centered practices, community integration, individual choice and supporting individuals to develop and maintain relationships.
(2) The prevention, detection and reporting of abuse, suspected abuse and alleged abuse in accordance with the Older Adults Protective Services Act (35 P.S. § § 10225.10110225.5102), the Child Protective Services Law (23 Pa.C.S. § § 63016386), the Adult Protective Services Act (35 P.S. § § 10210.10110210.704) and applicable protective services regulations.
(3) Individual rights.
(4) Recognizing and reporting incidents.
(5) The safe and appropriate use of behavior supports if the person works directly with an individual.
(6) Implementation of the individual plan if the person works directly with an individual.
The provisions of this § 6400.52 issued under sections 201(2), 403(b), 403.1(a) and (b), 911 and 1021 of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 201(2), 403(b), 403.1(a) and (b), 911 and 1021); and section 201(2) of the Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Act of 1966 (50 P.S. § 4201(2)).
The provisions of this § 6400.52 adopted October 4, 2019, effective in 120 days, 49 Pa.B. 5777.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.