§ 1407.7. Ticket/Voucher redemption requirements.
(a) Winning sports wagering tickets/vouchers shall be redeemed by a point of sale cashier or a self-service kiosk after verifying the validity of the wagering ticket through the sports wagering system. The point of sale cashier or a self-service kiosk shall cause the sports wagering system to electronically redeem and cancel the wagering ticket upon redemption.
(b) A patron may redeem by mail a winning sports wagering ticket/voucher to the address provided thereon in accordance with the sports wagering operators internal controls.
(c) Self-service kiosks shall be capable of recognizing payment limitations or payment errors such as bill out jams and insufficient funds. When a payment limitation or error occurs, the self-service kiosk shall be designed to electronically record the payout limitation or error and perform all of the following:
(1) Reject the transaction.
(2) Issue an error receipt.
(3) Issue a replacement sports wagering ticket/voucher.
(d) When an error receipt is issued from a self-service kiosk, the self-service kiosk or receipt shall advise the patron or employee to see a point of sale cashier for payment. Error receipts shall be designed to include all of the following, at a minimum:
(1) The time and date.
(2) Identification of the issuing self-service kiosks.
(3) Specifies the amount of money that the self-service kiosks failed to dispense.
(e) When used to redeem sports wagering tickets/vouchers, self-service kiosks shall work in conjunction with an approved sports wagering system and shall be designed to:
(1) Accurately obtain the unique identification number of the item presented for redemption and cause the information to be accurately and securely relayed to the sports wagering system for the purpose of redemption.
(2) Issue currency or a sports wagering voucher, or both, in exchange for the item presented only if the sports wagering system has authorized and recorded the transaction.
(3) Return a sports wagering ticket/voucher to the patron when it cannot be validated by the sports wagering system or is otherwise unredeemable.
(f) When used to redeem sports wagering tickets/vouchers, the self-service kiosk or kiosk computer system shall be capable of generating a Sports Pool Ticket/Voucher Redemption Machine Report for each gaming day. The report shall include the ticket/vouchers unique identifier, the date and time of redemption and the value of the ticket/voucher.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.