§ 465a.22. Cash equivalents.
(a) The requirements in this section are not applicable to gaming chips or plaques.
(b) Prior to accepting cash equivalents for gaming purposes, a slot machine licensee shall establish a comprehensive system of internal controls addressing the acceptance and verification of cash equivalents. The internal controls shall be submitted to and approved by the Board under § 465a.2 (relating to internal control systems and audit protocols).
(c) The internal control procedures developed and implemented by the slot machine licensee under subsection (a) must include:
(1) A requirement that cage employees perform the specific verification procedures required under the issuer of each cash equivalent accepted. The slot machine licensee shall retain adequate documentation evidencing the verification of each cash equivalent.
(2) A requirement that cage employees examine each cash equivalent for counterfeiting, forgery or alteration.
(3) When a slot machine licensee elects to incorporate into its verification procedures a level of reliance on previously accepted cash equivalents, the procedures must articulate the general parameters governing the reliance.
(4) Criteria for cage supervisor involvement in the verification process.
(5) Procedures for verifying any patron signature on the cash equivalent. Signature verification must be accomplished in accordance with the signature verification procedures in § 465a.20 (relating to personal check cashing). The slot machine licensee shall retain adequate documentation evidencing how each signature was verified.
The provisions of this § 465a.22 amended under the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act, 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(15) and (30), 1207, 1212, 1322, 13A02(1)(6), 13A25, 13A26(c), 1509, 1516, 1518(a)(13) and 1602.
The provisions of this § 465a.22 amended May 11, 2012, effective May 12, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 2585; amended November 7, 2014, effective November 8, 2014, 44 Pa.B. 7057. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (362107) to (362108).
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 465a.23 (relating to customer deposits).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.