§ 465a.33. Access to areas containing central control computer equipment.
A slot machine licensee shall develop and submit to the Board and the Department, as part of the submission required under § 465a.2 (relating to internal control systems and audit protocols), procedures for safeguarding and limiting access to the central control computer (CCC) equipment housed within the licensed facility. At a minimum, these procedures must include the following requirements:
(1) The area containing CCC equipment must:
(i) Be secured with a manual key lock system, the keys to which must be different from any other keys used in the licensed facility.
(ii) Have a door that when opened audibly signals the surveillance monitoring room.
(iii) Have adequate surveillance camera coverage to record all activity in the area.
(2) Access to the area containing the CCC system equipment may not be permitted unless prior arrangements have been made with the Department and the operator of the CCC system.
(3) All keys which access the area containing CCC equipment shall be maintained by the slot machine licensees security department. The keys may only be signed out by a security supervisor or above to employees of the Department or the operator of the CCC system who are on the authorized access list. The authorized access list shall be obtained from the Department and made available to the casino compliance representatives and the director of security at the licensed facility. A verbal notification shall be made to the surveillance monitoring room, the operator of the CCC system and the casino compliance representatives at the licensed facility prior to signing out the keys.
(4) The slot machine licensee shall maintain an access log for the area containing CCC equipment. The log shall be maintained in a book with bound numbered pages that cannot be readily removed and placed in close proximity to the CCC equipment. Casino compliance representatives at the licensed facility may review the log upon request to the Department and the operator of the CCC system. The log shall be stored and retained in accordance with § 465a.6 (relating to retention, storage and destruction of books, records and documents). The following information shall be recorded in a log:
(i) The date and time of each entry.
(ii) The entering individuals name, Board-issued credential number and department or affiliation.
(iii) The reason for entering the area containing CCC equipment.
(iv) The name of the individual authorizing entry into the area containing CCC equipment.
(v) The date and time of exiting the area containing the CCC equipment.
(5) Individuals who are not authorized to have access to the area containing CCC equipment may only be granted access for emergency situations requiring environmental adjustments, such as electrical, plumbing or HVAC malfunctions, with a security escort. When emergency access is granted, the slot machine licensee shall provide notice immediately to the Department, the operator of the CCC system and the casino compliance representatives at the licensed facility prior to permitting entry to the area containing CCC equipment.
The provisions of this § 465a.33 adopted under 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(30), 1207, 13A02(1)(6), 1322 and 13A25; amended under 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1207(b)(30), 1207(3), (6), (9) and (21) and 13A02(1), (2) and (4).
The provisions of this § 465a.33 adopted December 12, 2008, effective December 13, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 6749; amended May 14, 2010, effective May 15, 2010, 40 Pa.B. 2535; amended May 11, 2012, effective May 12, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 2585; amended January 31, 2014, effective February 1, 2014, 44 Pa.B. 599. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (362127) to (362128).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.