§ 53.12a. Access areas and marinas.
(a) General provisions.
(1) The Commission will from time-to-time establish and modify the seasonal, daily and other boat mooring fees and fees for overnight parking of boats applicable to access areas and marinas under the ownership or control of the Commission. The Commission will publish a notice containing the fees or the revision to the fees as a notice in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
(2) The Executive Director will establish the terms and conditions for slip rentals, boat mooring and other agreements for use of Commission access areas and marinas. The terms and conditions shall be set forth in the slip rental, boat mooring or other use agreement or permit. Violation of the terms and conditions of the agreement or permit is grounds for termination or revocation of the slip rental, boat mooring or other use agreement or permit.
(3) The Executive Director will establish operational procedures and guidelines for use of Commission access areas and marinas. The Executive Director will establish opening and closing dates for the boating season and hours of operation of access areas and marinas.
(4) The Executive Director may impose additional restrictions on use of Commission access areas and marinas. Additional restrictions imposed under this section shall be effective when posted at the site. It is unlawful for a person to violate restrictions imposed by the Executive Director, on behalf of the Commission, under this section.
(5) Boats have the right-of-way over fishing from boat launch areas or boat docks. It is unlawful for persons fishing from a boat launch area or boat dock to permit their fishing activity to interfere with boat traffic into and out of the boat launch area or boat dock. It is unlawful to fish from a boat launch area or boat dock when posted at the site.
(b) Walnut Creek Access, Erie County. The following restrictions apply to the Walnut Creek Access area:
(1) Boats have the right-of-way over fishing from shore in both the channel and the basin. It is unlawful for a person fishing from shore in the channel to permit lines to interfere with boat traffic into and out of the channel. It is unlawful to fish from shore in the basin except in designated locations at designated times.
(2) It is unlawful to fish from boats in either the channel or the basin.
(c) North East Access and Marina, Erie County. The following restrictions apply to the North East Access area and Marina: It is unlawful to hunt on Commission property at the North East Access area and Marina.
The provisions of this § 53.12a amended under the Fish and Boat Code, 30 Pa.C.S. § 741.
The provisions of this § 53.12a adopted April 19, 1996, effective April 20, 1996, 26 Pa.B. 1822; amended July 19, 2002, effective July 20, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 3488. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (269118) to (269119).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.