§ 63.46. Sale, purchase or barter of injurious species.
It is unlawful for a person to sell, purchase, offer for sale or barter the following live species in this Commonwealth:
(1) Snakehead (all species).
(2) Black carp (Mylopharyngodon piceus).
(3) Bighead carp (Hypophtalmichtys nobilis).
(4) Silver carp (Hypophtalmichtys molitrix).
(5) Zebra mussel (Dreissena polymorpha).
(6) Quagga mussel (Dreissena bugensis).
(7) Round goby (Neogobius melanostomus).
(8) Tubenose goby (Proterorhinus marmoratus).
(9) European rudd (Scardinius erythropthalmus).
(10) Crayfish (all species) except when:
(i) They are sold, purchased, offered for sale or bartered for testing and scientific purposes or restaurant consumption.
(ii) Adequate measures have been taken to prevent their escape.
(iii) They are accompanied by documentation stating the point of origin and the destination to which they are to be delivered.
(11) Ruffe (Gymnocephalus cernuus).
The provisions of this § 63.46 issued under the Fish and Boat Code, 30 Pa.C.S. § 2102; amended under the Fish and Boat Code, 30 Pa.C.S. § 2102; and section 506 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § 186).
The provisions of this § 63.46 adopted September 13, 2002, effective September 14, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 4485; amended September 5, 2003, effective September 6, 2003, 33 Pa.B. 4447; amended August 25, 2006, effective August 26, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 4724; amemded July 3, 2014, effective January 1, 2015, 44 Pa.B. 4177; amended April 3, 2015, effective April 4, 2015, 45 Pa.B. 1616. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (372605).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.