§ 175.22. Making application.
(a) Form. The applicant shall file one copy of Form MV-427, Application for Designation as an Official Inspection Station, with the Bureau. A separate application shall be made for each place of business.
(b) Bond or proof of insurance. Requirements shall be as follows:
(1) An applicant for a certificate of appointment shall furnish a bond on a form prescribed by the Department or proof of insurance as required by 75 Pa.C.S. § 4722(c) (relating to certificate of appointment).
(2) The bond or insurance shall be in the amount of $10,000 for each place of business and shall provide compensation to a vehicle owner for damage their vehicle may sustain while it is in possession of the inspection station.
(3) The bond or proof of insurance shall be renewed each year.
(4) Cancellation of the bond or insurance shall automatically void the certificate of appointment. Inspections shall cease until the Bureau receives a new bond or proof of insurance.
(c) Specification of type. The application shall indicate the type of inspection station authorization applied for; that is, Commonwealth, general, fleet, recreational and utility trailer or motorcycle.
(d) Applicant. The applicant shall be the owner of the business or, in the case of a corporation, some other person specifically authorized to sign the application.
(1) If a natural person, the applicant shall be 18 years of age or older.
(2) If the applicant is a corporation, partnership or association, the application shall be signed by an officer, partner, associate or another person specifically authorized to sign the application.
(i) The person who signs the application shall be 18 years of age or older.
(ii) Except in the case of an executive officer, partner or associate, written evidence of the authority of the personfor example, station managerto sign the application shall be attached thereto and attested to by a partner or a corporation or association officer.
The provisions of this § 175.22 adopted December 2, 1977, effective February 1, 1978, 7 Pa.B. 3499; amended July 9, 1982, effective July 10, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 2181; readopted December 2, 1988, effective December 3, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 5362. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (90274) to (90275).
This section cited in 67 Pa. Code § 177.51 (relating to program requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.