§ 179.13. Permit services.
A permit service that is registered with the Department under § 179.4 (relating to registration; surety bond and registration agreement) may obtain special hauling permits, Form M-936P, subject to the additional provisions in this section.
(1) The permit service shall provide the applicant with a copy of the permit and Form M-938.
(2) When applying for a special hauling permit:
(i) The permit service shall identify itself with its assigned registration identification number.
(ii) The permit service may not call the application into the permit office by telephone.
(iii) In lieu of item number five on the registration agreement, Form M-936RA, the permit service shall assure the Department that it will verify that each applicant has sufficient insurance coverage as specified in § 179.7 (relating to indemnification, insurance and security).
(iv) Wired applications shall be submitted in a format acceptable to the central permit office.
(v) The permit service is not authorized to make preliminary application for a superload.
(3) A permit, including a permit to be retransmitted, may not be altered. Retransmitted permits shall be printed on paper at least 8 1/2 inches in width by 11 inches in length and shall contain readable print.
(4) The permit service shall be responsible for the payment of permit fees as set forth in Chapter 19, Subchapter C of the act (relating to permits) and § 179.9 (relating to issuance of permits).
(5) Payment shall be submitted within 3 work days after the permit service receives the permittees copy of the permit, Form M-936P, or supplement, Form M-945S, or within 3 weeks if the permit service participates in the permit monthly billing system.
The provisions of this § 179.13 adopted June 4, 1976, effective June 5, 1976, 6 Pa.B. 1287; amended August 5, 1977, effective August 6, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 2192; renumbered May 16, 1981, 11 Pa.B. 1678; amended January 20, 1984, effective March 21, 1984, 14 Pa.B. 224; readopted December 2, 1988, effective December 3, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 5364; amended May 14, 1993, effective August 13, 1993, 23 Pa.B. 2334. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (175746) to (175747).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.