§ 601.13. Evasion of fare.
(a) Evasion of fare or attempted evasion of fare is prohibited and constitutes a summary offense. Fines for evasion of fare or attempted evasion of fare are imposed by 75 Pa.C.S. § 6110(b) (relating to regulation of traffic on Pennsylvania Turnpike).
(b) Evasion of fare or attempted evasion of fare includes the following:
(1) Entering or exiting the Turnpike System except through an interchange, unless directed to do so by the State Police or a Commission employe.
(2) The presentation to a State Trooper or toll collector of a toll ticket which indicates that the patron has exceeded the travel time allotted based on the max-time formula, where the patron cannot produce satisfactory physical evidence, including the drivers record of duty status, demonstrating that the age of the ticket was the result of actual excess time spent legitimately on the Turnpike System by the patron and was not the result of fare evasion or attempted fare evasion.
(3) Possession by the patron of more than one toll ticket.
(4) Possession by the patron of a toll ticket which was issued from an interchange located in the direction in which the patron is traveling.
(5) Possession or presentation by a patron of a toll ticket which has been intentionally altered or mutilated.
(6) The failure by the patron to pay the appropriate toll upon exiting the Turnpike System.
(7) Appropriation or attempted appropriation by a patron of more than one toll ticket at an interchange.
(8) The exchange of toll tickets by two or more patrons.
The provisions of this § 601.13 adopted May 28, 1982, effective May 29, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 1701; amended October 29, 1992, effective October 30, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 5321. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (83831) to (83832).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.