§ 5.2. Requirement of annual testing and inspection.
(a) General requirement. The Department will, by June 30, 1999, and within every 12-month period thereafter, inspect and test each commercially used UPC scanning system and PLU device in this Commonwealth to ascertain if it is correct, unless the system or device is inspected by a city or county sealer, as described in subsection (b), or the system or device is exempt from inspection, as described in subsection (c).
(b) Delegation of inspection responsibilities. The Department may assign responsibility for conducting the testing and inspections described in subsection (a) to a city or county by a memorandum of understanding between the Department and the city or county entered into in accordance with section 4125 of the act (relating to division of responsibilities).
(c) Exemption for UPC scanning systems and PLU devices inspected by a private certification program. A commercially used UPC scanning system or PLU device shall be exempt from the annual testing and inspection described in subsection (a) if all of the following occur:
(1) The system or device is inspected at intervals of no greater than 1 year.
(2) The inspection is unannounced.
(3) The inspection is conducted as part of a private certification program.
(4) The private certification program has registered with the Department in accordance with § 5.21 (relating to registration).
(5) The certified UPC/PLU inspector conducting the inspection on behalf of the private certification program files a price verification inspection report with the Department in accordance with the procedure described at § 5.12 (relating to inspections: reporting procedures).
(6) The private certification program meets the requirements of this chapter.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.