§ 5.8. Applying for certification.
(a) Application required. A person who is at least 18 years of age and has successfully completed an approved training course (as described in § 5.7 (relating to training courses)) within 2 years of the date of application may apply to be certified as a UPC/PLU inspector. Certification is granted through issuance of the certificate described in § 5.9 (relating to UPC/PLU inspectors certificate).
(b) Form of application. A person seeking to become a certified UPC/PLU inspector may obtain an application form from the Department at the address in § 2.2 (relating to contacting the Department). The applicant shall complete the form and return it to that same address. The application form shall require the following information:
(1) The name, mailing address and birth date of the person seeking a UPC/PLU inspectors certificate.
(2) Whether the applicant seeks to conduct UPC/PLU inspections as a State inspector of weights and measures, an employe of a city or county acting in accordance with a memorandum of understanding with the Department or as part of a private certification program.
(3) The name, location and date of completion of any approved training course completed by the person seeking a UPC/PLU inspectors certificate.
(4) A copy of any certificate of completion with respect to the approved training course.
(5) Two identical 1-inch square color photographs (front facial view) of the person seeking a certificate.
(6) The date of the application.
(7) Other information the Department might reasonably require to determine eligibility for certification.
(c) Departmental action on application. The Department will, within 30 days of receiving an application, mail the applicant a UPC/PLU inspectors certificate, a disapproval notice or a request for additional clarification or documentation. If the Department requests additional clarification or documentation, its review and consideration of the application will cease until the requested material is received, at which time the 30-day review period will begin again.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.