§ 5.9. UPC/PLU inspectors certificate.
(a) Form of certificate. The Department will format the UPC/PLU inspectors certificate into an identification card sized document, so it may be carried conveniently on a certified UPC/PLU inspectors person while performing inspections or tests under authority of that certificate.
(b) Contents of UPC/PLU inspectors certificate. A UPC/PLU inspectors certificate will bear the following information:
(1) The name of the person to whom it is issued.
(2) The expiration date of the certificate, which, in accordance with § 5.10 (relating to expiration of UPC/PLU inspectors certificate), shall be 3 years from the date of issuance.
(3) A unique identification number.
(4) A photograph of the person to whom it is issued.
(5) A statement that the Department has determined the person identified on the certificate to be a certified UPC/PLU inspector in accordance with section 4112 of the act (relating to general testing and inspections).
(6) Other information the Department might reasonably include.
(c) Ownership of UPC/PLU inspectors certificate. A certificate issued by the Department will remain the property of the Department. A certified UPC/PLU inspector or other person having physical possession of a certificate shall, upon written notice from the Department, surrender and return the certificate to the Department.
(d) Obligation to produce certificate for inspection. A certified UPC/PLU inspector shall have his UPC/PLU inspectors certificate with him whenever performing inspections or tests under authority of that certificate, and shall produce the certificate for inspection upon demand by the Department or a person on whose behalf the certified UPC/PLU inspector is performing the inspection or test.
This section cited in 70 Pa. Code § 5.8 (relating to applying for certification).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.