Rule 1910.20. Support Order. Enforcement. General.
(a) A support order shall be enforced by income withholding as required by law in the manner provided by Rule 1910.21.
(b) Upon the obligors failure to comply with a support order, the order may also be enforced by any one or all of the following remedies:
(1) pursuant to Rule 1910.21, and without further hearing or prior notice to the obligor, increasing the amount of monthly support payments for payment of the overdue support at a rate to be determined by the court; withholding or seizing periodic or lump sum payments of income from a government agency, including unemployment compensation, social security, retirement or disability benefits and any other benefits; withholding or seizing periodic or lump sum payments of income from insurance carriers or privately-insured employers, including workers compensation benefits; withholding or seizing judgments or settlements; and withholding or seizing public and private retirement funds in pay status;
(2) pursuant to Rule 1910.22, imposing liens on real property;
(3) pursuant to Rule 1910.23, attaching and seizing assets of the obligor held in financial institutions;
(4) pursuant to Rule 1910.24, reducing and executing a judgment against the obligor;
(5) pursuant to Rules 1910.25 through 1910.25-6, initiating contempt proceedings;
(6) reporting the amount of overdue support to consumer reporting agencies in the manner prescribed by 23 Pa.C.S. § 4303;
(7) when the obligor owes overdue support in an amount of three months or more, suspending occupational, commercial/drivers and recreational licenses in the manner prescribed by 23 Pa.C.S. § 4355.
These remedies are cumulative and not alternative.
(c) For purposes of this Rule, overdue support remains subject to the remedies set forth in subdivision (b) of this Rule until paid in full. Except as provided in 23 Pa.C.S. § 4355 for suspension of licenses, neither a repayment schedule subsequently agreed to by the parties nor an order of court establishing such a schedule precludes the use of these remedies for collecting overdue support more quickly, whenever feasible.
The provisions of this Rule 1910.20 amended November 7, 1988, effective January 1, 1989, 18 Pa.B. 5326; amended March 30, 1994, effective July 1, 1994, 24 Pa.B. 1943; amended May 31, 2000, effective July 1, 2000, 20 Pa.B. 3155. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (256281).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.