Rule 15.16. Notice and Service in Subsequent Petitions Regarding Contact Agreements.
(a) Service of the Petition.
(1) The petitioner shall mail by first-class United States mail, postage prepaid a copy of any petition to modify, enforce, or discontinue the Contact Agreement and a notice that a responsive pleading must be filed with the clerk within 20 days from the date indicated on the petition or notice letter, whichever is later, to the following:
(A) all parties to the Contact Agreement;
(B) the adopted child who is the subject of the Contact Agreement if he or she has attained 12 years of age at the time of the petitions filing;
(C) any sibling of the adopted child who has continuing contact or communication with the adopted child under the terms of the Contact Agreement; and
(D) all counsel who entered an appearance for any party, including appearing as counsel or guardian ad litem for the adopted child, in the proceeding to approve the Contact Agreement or who have filed an entry of an appearance in the current proceeding.
(2) A certificate of service shall be appended to the petition or filed separately and contemporaneously with the filing of the petition, stating the date when the petition and the notice for filing a timely responsive pleading was mailed by first-class, United States mail, postage prepaid, to those listed in subparagraphs (1)(A)(1)(D), as applicable.
(b) Service of Notice of the Hearing on the Petition.
(1) The petitioner shall provide notice of any scheduled hearing on a petition to modify, enforce, or discontinue the Contact Agreement to the same parties entitled to notice under subparagraph (a)(1) of this Rule and any other individual or entity that the court directs to receive notice.
(2) Notice of the hearing need not comport with the requirements of Rule 15.4, and notice of the hearing may be sent by first-class United States mail, postage prepaid, by electronic transmission, or by whatever other means will effectively inform everyone entitled to notice of the date, time, and place of the hearing.
(3) A certificate of service shall be presented to the court at the time of the hearing. The certificate of service shall indicate the method of notice and shall have attached thereto a copy of the notice, any affidavit by one who made personal service, any receipt cards for service sent by registered or certified mail, and any electronic receipt confirmation for service sent by electronic transmission.
The provisions of this Rule 15.16 added July 22, 2021, effective July 1, 2022, 51 Pa.B. 4267.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.