REDESIGNATION OF AREA AGENCIES
§ 30.21. Circumstances requiring redesignation.
The Department will act to redesignate an organization or agency as the Area Agency on Aging within a designated planning and service area when it determines that the currently-designated Area Agency on Aging in the affected planning and service area will not be able to comply satisfactorily with the assurances originally given pursuant to § 30.12(2) (relating to organization/agency eligibility) for the coming Area Agency on Aging contract year or in any other circumstances deemed appropriate by the Secretary. Circumstances leading to such an action may include but shall not be limited to the following:
(1) Failure of the Area Agency on Aging to meet the requirements of 45 CFR Part 1321 (1980).
(2) Disapproval of the area plan or its amendments.
(3) A finding by the Department that the Area Agency on Agings administration of the provisions of its approved area plan fails to substantially comply with the requirements of 45 CFR Part 1321 (1980).
(4) A finding by the Department that the provisions of an approved Area Plan fail to substantially comply with 45 CFR Part 1321.
(5) Receipt by the Department of written statements by agencies, organizations, or units of general purpose local government in the affected planning and service area including the Area Agency on Aging itself requesting redesignation of the Area Agency on Aging and providing justification therefor. The Department reserves the right to reject any requests received pursuant to this paragraph which are accompanied by justifications deemed inadequate or spurious.
(6) Any other circumstances unforeseen at the time of original designation.
This section cited in 6 Pa. Code § 30.23 (relating to procedure for redesignation).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.