CHAPTER 464a. SLOT MACHINE TOURNAMENTS
464a.2. Conduct of a slot machine tournament.
The provisions of this Chapter 464a issued under 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(30), 1207(3), (6), (9) and (21) and 13A02(1), (2) and (4), unless otherwise noted.
§ 464a.1. Definitions.
The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
PointsNoncash equivalent electronic instrument utilized for slot machine tournament play only, the total of which determines the winners of a slot machine tournament.
Slot machine tournamentA contest whereby individuals engage in competitive slot machine play against other individuals utilizing points.
§ 464a.2. Conduct of a slot machine tournament.
(a) Slot machine tournaments may not be played with cash, value chips, plaques, gaming vouchers or other cash equivalents.
(b) A slot machine licensee may charge an entry fee to participate in a slot machine tournament. A slot machine licensee that charges an entry fee shall submit electronically to the Department of Revenue a Slot Tournament Revenue Report by 10 a.m. on the day following the conclusion of the tournament.
(c) A slot machine licensee that wishes to conduct a slot machine tournament shall submit for Executive Director approval notice of intent to conduct a slot machine tournament at least 10 days prior to the start of the tournament. The notice must be submitted electronically to the Bureau of Gaming Operations using the Internal Controls & Table Games Submission Form, which is posted on the Boards web site, and include the following:
(1) A general description of how the slot machine tournament will be conducted and a copy of the rules governing play.
(2) The dates and times that the tournament will be conducted.
(3) Participation eligibility requirements including:
(i) Who is eligible to participate.
(ii) The minimum and maximum number of participants.
(iii) Entry fees charged.
(4) The criteria used to determine the winners.
(5) The monetary amount or description of the prizes to be awarded.
(6) The details of when and how the prizes will be awarded.
(7) The asset and gaming floor plan location numbers of the slot machines that will be used to conduct the slot machine tournament.
(8) How the slot machine tournament area will be segregated from patrons who are not participating in the slot machine tournament.
(d) In addition to filing a notice required under subsection (c), a slot machine licensee shall submit a copy of the notice to the casino compliance representatives at the licensed facility, the Bureau of Gaming Laboratory Operations and the Department of Revenue.
(e) Advertising to promote a slot machine tournament must, at a minimum:
(1) Comply with the advertising requirements in § 501a.7 (relating to advertising).
(2) Contain information on who is eligible to participate.
(3) Include a copy of the slot machine tournament rules or state how a copy of the rules may be obtained.
(f) A slot machine used for a slot machine tournament must:
(1) Use tournament software authorized by the Bureau of Gaming Laboratory Operations in accordance with § 461a.4 (relating to submission for testing and approval).
(2) Maintain connectivity with the Central Control Computer System (CCS).
(3) Have the functionality of the bill validator, ticket printer and electronic funds transfer meters disabled during the slot machine tournament so that the slot machine does not accept cash or credits or make payouts during tournament play.
(g) A slot machine used in a slot machine tournament may not be made available for play to individuals entered in the tournament until the Bureau of Gaming Laboratory Operations has completed an initial test of the tournament software and has authorized the slot machine for tournament play.
(h) Before and after slot machine tournament, the slot machine licensee shall:
(1) Receive approval from the onsite CCR to place the slot machine in and take it out of tournament mode.
(2) Ensure that the CCS has recorded all meter settings on all slot machines used in the tournament.
(i) A slot machine licensee shall maintain records related to the conduct of a slot machine tournament in accordance with § 465a.6(c) (relating to retention, storage and destruction of books, records and documents). These records shall be made available to Board staff, the Department and the Pennsylvania State Police upon request and must include:
(1) A copy of the notice required under subsection (d).
(2) The names and addresses of all prize winners and the prize each winner was awarded.
The provisions of this § 464a.2 amended under the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act, 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(15) and (30), 1207(2), (5), (8) and (9), 1212, 13A02(2), 13A26(c), 1509, 1516, 1518(a)(13) and 1602.
The provisions of this § 464a.2 amended November 7, 2014, effective November 8, 2014, 44 Pa.B. 7057. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (370343) to (370344).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.